The more powerful the perpetrator, the greater is his prerogative to name and define reality, and the more completely his arguments prevail.” – Judith Lewis Herman
Designed for newly trained practitioners seeking ongoing support to translate new EMDR knowledge into successful applications and interventions in practice. Develop abilities to appropriately and seamlessly integrate the concepts of EMDR Therapy with new and existing clients. This group promotes exploration, creative problem solving, development of a critical eye and focus on the core competencies of practice through the lens of the AIP model.
We will review the foundational principles and procedural steps of EMDR Therapy and identify solutions to common challenges, stuck points or when the model seems not to ‘fit’ what arises in treatment. Cheryl views the newly Basic Trained clinician’s path through a holistic lens and is highly committed to creating a curiosity-filled atmosphere where insight, growth and development, and mutual support are encouraged. As an active Trainer and Facilitator at EMDR Institute and EMDR HAP Basic trainings, Cheryl is informed of the most updated training curriculum concepts and will emphasize the most current training content, changes to the curriculum and core principles and procedural concepts.
- 10 hours total are required for completion of Basic Training.
- Groups are limited to 10 members.
- Available for group consultation in agency or private practice settings.
- *NEW GROUP TIMES WILL BE FREQUENTLY POSTED. IF you do not see a time that works, please contact. Meetings occur on Zoom in Eastern Daylight Time.
- Registration requires that a commitment is made for all meetings, even if missing one or more of the sessions. Registering for partial attendance or switching between groups are not options.
- 10 HR. SERIES: WED 3-5:30 MT/ 5-7:30 ET - Oct 20, Nov 17, Dec 15, Jan 19
- 10 HR. SERIES: THU 4-6:30 MT/ 6-8:30 ET - Oct 21, Nov 18, Dec 16, Jan 20
- 10 HR. SERIES: THU 3:30-6:00pm ET Sep 16, Oct 14, Nov 18, Dec 10 **FULL**
- 10 HR. SERIES: THU 9 am -11:30 am ET Jun 17, Jul 15, no Aug, Sep 16, Oct 14 **FULL**
- 10 HR. SERIES: THU 12 pm -2:30 pm ET Jul 15, no Aug, Sep 16, Oct 14, Nov. 18 **FULL**
I worked with Cheryl since taking my Basic training and found her to be open, curious, supportive, and extremely helpful in addressing clinical questions with regard to using EMDR, as well as with overall clinical concerns. - Lisa Crowley., CT.