The more powerful the perpetrator, the greater is his prerogative to name and define reality, and the more completely his arguments prevail.” – Judith Lewis Herman
Designed for newly trained practitioners seeking ongoing support to translate new EMDR knowledge into successful applications and interventions in practice. Develop abilities to appropriately and seamlessly integrate the concepts of EMDR Therapy with new and existing clients. This group promotes exploration, creative problem solving, development of a critical eye and focus on the core competencies of practice through the lens of the AIP model.
We will review the foundational principles and procedural steps of EMDR Therapy and identify solutions to common challenges, stuck points or when the model seems not to ‘fit’ what arises in treatment. Cheryl views the newly Basic Trained clinician’s path through a holistic lens and is highly committed to creating a curiosity-filled atmosphere where insight, growth and development, and mutual support are encouraged. As an active Trainer and Facilitator at EMDR Institute and EMDR HAP Basic trainings, Cheryl is informed of the most updated training curriculum concepts and will emphasize the most current training content, changes to the curriculum and core principles and procedural concepts.
- 10 hours total are required for completion of Basic Training.
- Groups are limited to 10 members.
- Available for group consultation in agency or private practice settings.
- *NEW GROUP TIMES WILL BE FREQUENTLY POSTED. IF you do not see a time that works, please contact. Meetings occur on Zoom in Eastern Daylight Time.
- Registration requires that a commitment is made for all meetings, even if missing one or more of the sessions. Registering for partial attendance or switching between groups are not options.
- 10 HR. SERIES: THU 3:30-5:30pm ET July 29, Aug 19, Sep 16, Oct 14, Nov 18
- 10 HR. SERIES: THU 9 am -11:30 am ET Jun 17, Jul 15, no Aug, Sep 16, Oct 14 **FULL**
- 10 HR. SERIES: THU 12 pm -2:30 pm ET Jul 15, no Aug, Sep 16, Oct 14, Nov. 18
- 10 HR. SERIES: SAT @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm Jan 9, Feb 13, Mar 27, April 17**FULL**
- 10 HR. SERIES: THU @ 4:00 pm -6:30 pm EASTERN TIME Feb 18, Mar 18, April 15, May 13 **FULL**
- 10 HR. SERIES: THU @ 8:45-11:15 am EASTERN TIME Mar 25, April 22, May 27, June 24 **FULL**
- 10 HR. SERIES: FRI @ 11:30-2:00 pm – EASTERN TIME Mar 26, April 23, (no May) June 25, July 30 **FULL**
I worked with Cheryl since taking my Basic training and found her to be open, curious, supportive, and extremely helpful in addressing clinical questions with regard to using EMDR, as well as with overall clinical concerns. - Lisa Crowley., CT.