“The wound is where the light enters.” –Rumi
Advanced Consultation: Considerations for Utilizing EMDR in the Treatment of Dissociative Disorders
Focus on in-depth study and theoretical applications for the EMDR treatment of dissociative disorders spanning from depersonalization/derealization disorder to DID. It is recommended that consultee has at least one year post Basic Training in EMDR. Format is around 40 minutes of didactic teaching followed by case discussion. Group is limited to 8 members.
New series in 2020-2021 available. In this 10 hour virtual study group we will analyze and review:
- Integration and adaptation of EMDR practices
- The Theory of Structural Dissociation
- Assessment, Screening & Diagnosis
- Case Formulation & Treatment Planning
- Phased Oriented Treatment
- Working with Parts
- Dealing with Resistance
- The therapist’s role – Client Dependence/ Therapist Responsibility
- Working with Child Parts
- Working with Hostile Parts
- Working with Perpetrator Parts
- Working with Self-Harming, Unsafe or Self-Limiting behaviors
- Treatment of Traumatic Memory
Fri @ 9am-11am – Fall & Winter **FULL 9/25, 10/9, 11/20 (8:45-10:30), 12/11(8:45-10:30), 1/8, **full*
Sat @ 10am-12pm FALL & winter 10/31, 11/21, 12/12, 1/30, 2/27
Available for private group consultation with agencies or private practice settings.
Fees and attendance: $44 hr. Full series: $440. Commitment to the entire series is required. Substitutions are not made for missed sessions.